Download Books For Nathan's Run Free Online
List Books In Pursuance Of Nathan's Run
| Original Title: | Nathan's Run |
| ISBN: | 0446604682 (ISBN13: 9780446604680) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Nathan |

John Gilstrap
Paperback | Pages: 384 pages Rating: 4.13 | 1730 Users | 168 Reviews
Details Based On Books Nathan's Run
| Title | : | Nathan's Run |
| Author | : | John Gilstrap |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 384 pages |
| Published | : | August 31st 1997 by Grand Central Publishing (first published February 1st 1996) |
| Categories | : | Thriller. Fiction. Mystery. Suspense. Crime. Mystery Thriller |
Narrative To Books Nathan's Run
When twelve-year-old Nathan Bailey kills a guard at a juvenile detention center and runs away, the evidence is clear: The guard's murder is part of a brutal escape plan. Declared incorrigible by a judge, and sentenced to 18 months in the Juvenile Detention Center for stealing a car, there's simply no other explanation. Bailey's a thief, a jail breaker and a murderer, and he must be brought to justice. Or so it seems. In "Nathan's Run," first time novelist John Gilstrap displays a unique talent for reaching into today's headlines. His compelling story is woven around two timely issues: the ease with which the juvenile justice system warehouses kids and removes them from our collective consciousness, and the ability of the news media to alter the public's view of individual criminal acts.Fueled by the fiery rhetoric of J. Daniel Petrelli, a local prosecutor with Senatorial ambitions, the public is outraged at Nathan's cold-bloodedness. However, Nathan declares that he killed in self-defense. Polite and articulate, he unwittingly moves beyond the labels that have been thrust upon him -- "incorrigible" and "violent criminal" -- and becomes to the public at-large what he is in real life; a young boy who's alone in the world, pitted against forces too large for him to comprehend.
With it's exceptional realism, suspenseful narrative, and an expertly conveyed sense of desperation, "Nathan's Run" is destined to capture the attention of readers and provide John Gilstrap with a legion of fans.
Rating Based On Books Nathan's Run
Ratings: 4.13 From 1730 Users | 168 ReviewsComment On Based On Books Nathan's Run
Here's a list of books I've read that have something in common:Watchers by Dean KoontzIt by Stephen KingLost Boys by Orson Scott CardShadowland by Peter StraubBoy's Life by Robert R McCammonHorns by Joe HillStrangewood by Christopher GoldenFar Dark Fields by Gary BraunbeckI read Watchers and Shadowland back in the 80s when I was in high school; Lost Boys and Boy's Life within the past ten years; It, Horns, Strangewood, and Far Dark Fields within the past two years. Every single one of theseNathans Run by John Gilstrap is a thriller that was originally published in 1996 and is now being republished. With the main character of the story only being twelve Nathans Run was considered a young adult thriller however the content was very much adult and mature so that has landed the book on many a ban list in the last twenty years. This new publication of the novel has cleaned up the content a bit making it more young adult friendly but the story is still one for a more mature audience.
Nathan is a twelve year old orphaned boy who escapes from a Juvenile Detention Center in Virginia after killing a guard in self-defense. Of course, the police believe it is outright murder and the chase is on. While holed up in the home of a vacationing family, Nathan manages to call in to a popular nationwide Newstalk radio show, and he tells his side of the story and gains some popular support. It seems as though everyone is against him, the bad guys, of course, but also all the law

A great story of an innocent boy on the run. With the help of a cynical radio host and police detective. Nathan is being pushed to trust adults again.
This is a rerelease of John Gilstrap's first novel, Nathan's Run. I first read this back in the late 90s when it was published. And it's still a great novel. "After losing his mother and father, Nathan is sent to live with his uncle - who does not like Nathan at all. Things get so bad that 12-year-old Nathan takes his uncle's car and runs. He ends up in Ju-ve. When a guard is killed, Nathan escapes and is now on the run. Nobody believes his story until he calls into a radio show. But the police
Although this book is listed as a Young Adult read, I found it thoroughly engrossing, thrilling, and heart reaching for this very adult reader!! It reminds me of C J Box's BLUE HEAVEN and the best of Charles Dickens' books about young orphan boys. Don't know how I missed this when it first came out, but am so glad I've found it now. I will definitely add John Gilstrap to my list of favorite authors!!Nathan Bailey's Mom died when he was a baby, but he had a great life with his Dad, until his Dad
If I could only jump inside those pages...This book was fantastic...and heart wrenching...and so unbelievably suspenseful! I loved it!Nathan won my heart in this one. I wanted to jump through the pages of the book and help him! I would have if I could have!At only 12 years old, Nathan is on the run...from everyone, including the law. As I read and ran right along side Nathan, I shared his journey and his experience. Little Nathan showed me the heart and the courage of a lion! I was so touched by

0 Comments