Download Books Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs Online Free
Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs 
I am easily obsessed with these stories of women oppressed by and then escaping from the FLDS (Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints, an offshoot of the Mormon Church).This is heavy shit!The author was forced to get married to her first cousin when she was 14. (I think the husband was 19.) She was then forced to "perform her wifely" duty with him. Yikes! Bad news. Bad, bad news. The happy news it that she finally found true love and escaped from the oppressive religion.I am for religious
This book left me with a heavy sad feeling. Elyssa Walls story gives an incredible depiction of the FLDS life. Its depressing to see how this radical break-off group of the mainstream LDS church I love, took plain and simple truths about salvation, and twisted them into a way to suppress women and hurt families. Im so sickened by the accounts of abuse that happens to children in Warren Jeffs cult. The small sense of justice I felt as I read his sentencing in the book, was squashed when I did

This book left me with a heavy sad feeling. Elyssa Walls story gives an incredible depiction of the FLDS life. Its depressing to see how this radical break-off group of the mainstream LDS church I love, took plain and simple truths about salvation, and twisted them into a way to suppress women and hurt families. Im so sickened by the accounts of abuse that happens to children in Warren Jeffs cult. The small sense of justice I felt as I read his sentencing in the book, was squashed when I did
I wanted to read this book after reading Carolyn Jessop's book on the same topic- living in polygamy. I think this adds more credit to Carolyn's account. I was wrapped up in this story and found myself crying when the verdict was read against Warren Jeffs. This girl has overcome a lot of challenges, and once again I've realized how blessed I am to enjoy so many freedoms.
Astonishing. I think, for me, this was even more astonishing than Carolyn Jessups book Escape which was my entrance into the polygamy. I knew only the definition of the word before reading Escape and have since been gathering almost everything I can find on the subject. This was a real quick book- mainly because you really can't put it down. The emotion is so raw it's scary. I found myself feeling so many different things at so many different points in her life story. One thing I liked a lot is
As a religious person, I tend to approach the whole how-I-broke-out-of-my-crazy-abusive-religion memoir genre with some caution. I've read some pretty off-the-wall descriptions (mostly in fiction, though occasionally in books purporting to be non-fictional memoirs) of abuse and suffering perpetuated by people claiming to practice my religion. Generally, even when the experiences being described ring true, I think a critical reader can see that the psychological dysfunction is what's causing the
Elissa Wall
Hardcover | Pages: 438 pages Rating: 3.91 | 24849 Users | 2099 Reviews

Particularize About Books Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs
| Title | : | Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs |
| Author | : | Elissa Wall |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 438 pages |
| Published | : | May 13th 2008 by William Morrow |
| Categories | : | Autobiography. Memoir. Nonfiction. Biography. Crime. True Crime. Religion. Cults. Polyamory. Polygamy |
Description To Books Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs
Stolen Innocence is the gripping New York Times bestselling memoir of Elissa Wall, the courageous former member of Utah’s infamous FLDS polygamist sect whose powerful courtroom testimony helped convict controversial sect leader Warren Jeffs in September 2007. At once shocking, heartbreaking, and inspiring, Wall’s story of subjugation and survival exposes the darkness at the root of this rebel offshoot of the Mormon faith.Be Specific About Books Conducive To Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs
| Original Title: | Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs |
| ISBN: | 0061628018 (ISBN13: 9780061628016) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | Salt Lake City, Utah(United States) |
Rating About Books Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs
Ratings: 3.91 From 24849 Users | 2099 ReviewsEvaluation About Books Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs
Im always interested in how upbringing and circumstances affect belief, and in Stolen Innocence Lisa Pulitzer has helped Elissa Wall write a fascinating account of her gradual transition from mildly rebellious believer to someone who would leave behind the only world she had ever known, even though she still worried her actions might cause her eternal damnation. Wall grew up in the Fundamentalist Church of the Latter Day Saints, the polygamous sect Warren Jeffs, now jailed, led, but since herI am easily obsessed with these stories of women oppressed by and then escaping from the FLDS (Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints, an offshoot of the Mormon Church).This is heavy shit!The author was forced to get married to her first cousin when she was 14. (I think the husband was 19.) She was then forced to "perform her wifely" duty with him. Yikes! Bad news. Bad, bad news. The happy news it that she finally found true love and escaped from the oppressive religion.I am for religious
This book left me with a heavy sad feeling. Elyssa Walls story gives an incredible depiction of the FLDS life. Its depressing to see how this radical break-off group of the mainstream LDS church I love, took plain and simple truths about salvation, and twisted them into a way to suppress women and hurt families. Im so sickened by the accounts of abuse that happens to children in Warren Jeffs cult. The small sense of justice I felt as I read his sentencing in the book, was squashed when I did

This book left me with a heavy sad feeling. Elyssa Walls story gives an incredible depiction of the FLDS life. Its depressing to see how this radical break-off group of the mainstream LDS church I love, took plain and simple truths about salvation, and twisted them into a way to suppress women and hurt families. Im so sickened by the accounts of abuse that happens to children in Warren Jeffs cult. The small sense of justice I felt as I read his sentencing in the book, was squashed when I did
I wanted to read this book after reading Carolyn Jessop's book on the same topic- living in polygamy. I think this adds more credit to Carolyn's account. I was wrapped up in this story and found myself crying when the verdict was read against Warren Jeffs. This girl has overcome a lot of challenges, and once again I've realized how blessed I am to enjoy so many freedoms.
Astonishing. I think, for me, this was even more astonishing than Carolyn Jessups book Escape which was my entrance into the polygamy. I knew only the definition of the word before reading Escape and have since been gathering almost everything I can find on the subject. This was a real quick book- mainly because you really can't put it down. The emotion is so raw it's scary. I found myself feeling so many different things at so many different points in her life story. One thing I liked a lot is
As a religious person, I tend to approach the whole how-I-broke-out-of-my-crazy-abusive-religion memoir genre with some caution. I've read some pretty off-the-wall descriptions (mostly in fiction, though occasionally in books purporting to be non-fictional memoirs) of abuse and suffering perpetuated by people claiming to practice my religion. Generally, even when the experiences being described ring true, I think a critical reader can see that the psychological dysfunction is what's causing the

0 Comments