Books Download Rose (Rose #1) Free
Present Books Toward Rose (Rose #1)
| Original Title: | Rose |
| ISBN: | 1408304473 (ISBN13: 9781408304471) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Rose #1 |
| Characters: | Rose |
Holly Webb
Paperback | Pages: 272 pages Rating: 4 | 2145 Users | 264 Reviews

Identify Based On Books Rose (Rose #1)
| Title | : | Rose (Rose #1) |
| Author | : | Holly Webb |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 272 pages |
| Published | : | August 6th 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Childrens. Middle Grade. Magic. Mystery. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction |
Explanation As Books Rose (Rose #1)
The grand residence of the famous alchemist, Mr Fountain, is a world away from the dark orphanage Rose has left behind. For the house is positively overflowing with sparkling magic—she can feel it. And it’s not long before Rose realises that maybe, just maybe, she has a little bit of magic in her, too. . . .The first book in an exciting, get-lost-in-the-world series about orphans, alchemy, magical powers and sinister child-catchers.
Rating Based On Books Rose (Rose #1)
Ratings: 4 From 2145 Users | 264 ReviewsCrit Based On Books Rose (Rose #1)
4 stars.PLEASE READ THE LAST PART OF THIS IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS FOR A YOUNGER PERSON.I read this a few years ago, I think, when I was about 10 or 11...? I found it an interesting read; the storyline was good and definitely intriguing, the character was intersting and the whole idea of it was good. I found, pretty much, this whole book a good read! I would recommend it to people who like fantasy and magic.A problem I can highlight, and this is quite a big one, is that near the end ofMaybe 3.5 StarsThis was billed as "Downton Abbey" meets "Harry Potter" -- so tantalizing! I don't feel it really delivered, though. On one hand, I really enjoyed some parts of it--there was charm, humor and some interesting world-building at times. I was intrigued with the idea of magic belonging to the upper class--it seems that only upper-class are wizards, and magic can be bought and sold, such that only the wealthy can afford to have magical things/spells. I feel that the author tried to
Fun and fascinating read. Great for readers who enjoy magic.

I received Rose by Holly Webb from Netgalley to review and just couldnt wait to read it. It was released in the UK for a while but is newly being released in the US. I look forward to getting this whole series ordered over here in Hong Kong. I have a feeling Ill be able to get the UK edition of the books though! Pretty bright covers for them!I recently sat with my son and watched the movie Annie and he was pretty astounded that I knew most of the words to most of the songs. Id forgotten how much
I read this book as a child and bought it online for nostalgia's sake. And, may I say, dear Christ. This book was DARK. I read this as a 9 year old and must have been SCARRED. I LOVED this book and still do, but Holly Webb did not hold back when talking about murder & cannibalism to 9 year olds.
I was sure I wanted to read 'Rose' when I saw it laid out as part of the current favourites in the book shop. The cover is awfully inviting, with its bold, but not tacky colours, its shimmering magical stars and the intriguing Rose front and centre. Then after reading the description, I was even more sure I wanted to read it. Straight away we charmed by Rose's strength and matter-of-fact nature, as she seems so comfortable in her own skin and with the apparent role of looking after her friend

0 Comments