Books Nightingale's Nest  Download Free
Nightingale's Nest Hardcover | Pages: 256 pages
Rating: 3.87 | 1226 Users | 246 Reviews

Describe Of Books Nightingale's Nest

Title:Nightingale's Nest
Author:Nikki Loftin
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 256 pages
Published:February 20th 2014 by Razorbill
Categories:Childrens. Middle Grade. Fantasy. Magical Realism. Fiction. Juvenile. Young Adult

Rendition Concering Books Nightingale's Nest

A powerful novel about friendship and family that calls to mind Bridge to Terabithia

Twelve-year-old John Fischer Jr., or "Little John" as he’s always been known, is spending his summer helping his father with his tree removal business, clearing brush for Mr. King, the wealthy owner of a chain of Texas dollar stores, when he hears a beautiful song that transfixes him. He follows the melody and finds, not a bird, but a young girl sitting in the branches of a tall sycamore tree.

There’s something magical about this girl, Gayle, especially her soaring singing voice, and Little John’s friendship with Gayle quickly becomes the one bright spot in his life, for his home is dominated by sorrow over his sister’s death and his parents’ ever-tightening financial difficulties.

But then Mr. King draws Little John into an impossible choice—forced to choose between his family’s survival and a betrayal of Gayle that puts her future in jeopardy.

Inspired by a Hans Christian Andersen story, Nightingale's Nest is an unforgettable novel about a boy with the weight of the world on his shoulders and a girl with the gift of healing in her voice.

Mention Books Conducive To Nightingale's Nest

ISBN: 159514546X (ISBN13: 9781595145468)

Rating Of Books Nightingale's Nest
Ratings: 3.87 From 1226 Users | 246 Reviews

Write-Up Of Books Nightingale's Nest
This is a gorgeous, lyrical, haunting story that will grab your heart and squeeze it to pieces. I loved it - and blurbed it! I can't wait to share this novel with my family (nieces) and friends.

Realistic and magical, sad and hopeful, love and loss. Healing.When Little John has to grow up way too fast and work like a man at 12, he does it without complaint. Circumstances have forced him to grow up way too fast, but then Gayle comes into his life, and he has reasons to smile. NIGHTINGALE"S NEST is a novel with magical realism that's chock full of pain as well as hope. Little John and Gayle, a girl who's songs can heal, are characters for middle grade students looking to find some magic

Ashamed, truly, that I am just now reading this! Nikki gave me this book when we first met, several years ago at conference in Texas. She is a delightful person and I'm pleased to say that we've become friends! I think that was partially why I didn't read the book, though. What if that nice funny woman I met wrote a bad book? Also, in my defense, right after I got it we began to remodel our basement so that I could have an office, and this and many other books that would end up on my built in

Review first posted on Views from the Tesseract: http://shanshad1.wordpress.com/2014/0...When I first heard about this book, I couldnt wait to read it. A middle grade fantasy with gorgeous cover art and a story that references Hans Christian Andersens The Nightingale? Thats a surefire way to pique my interest. Sometimes this backfires on me and my high hopes just dont live up to the actual text. But after reading this, Im happy to report it exceeded expectations.Twelve-year-old Little John is

ARC provided by NetGalley:I love magical children's stories such as this one. Twelve year old John is trying to keep his family together after a devastating loss. Mom is losing her grip on reality while Dad is losing himself in a bottle. As the family sinks deeper into both despair and debt, John is called upon to help his dad's landscaping business. It's on one of these jobs that he meets Gayle, a fragile and mysterious foster child. Their lives intersect as he tries to save her while

This is going to be one of those times when I read a book that everyone else seems to love and I just don't get it. Riddled with sadness and ambiguity, I didn't truly enjoy the story at all. The closest I could come to liking this book was appreciating that author Nikki Loftin created something unusual and touching. There's a lot of good stuff here, but it didn't come together in a meaningful way for this reader. The writing was only so-so and the symbolism heavy-handed. Still, here we go:Little

This book is a beautiful tune that speaks to your heart and nourishes your soul. If you are not familiar with the fairy tale origin's check out the Hans Anderson version here. This books literary quality weaves around you like the nest Gayle built. Little Johns narrative is heart wrenching as he struggles against the harsh realities of life and protecting (what he assumes is) Gayles crazy naivette and innocence. The gem lies at how John is at constant conflict with himself. He struggles with