List Regarding Books Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)

Title:Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)
Author:Terry Pratchett
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 417 pages
Published:October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Humor. Comedy. Science Fiction Fantasy. Audiobook. Magic
Books Online Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37) Free Download
Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37) Hardcover | Pages: 417 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 44424 Users | 1930 Reviews

Chronicle Toward Books Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)

Discworld lives on in Unseen Academicals, the latest novel from Terry Pratchett. Delivering the trademark insight and humor readers the world over have come to expect from “the purely funniest English writer since Wodehouse” (Washington Post Book World), Unseen Academicals focuses on the wizards at Ankh-Morpork’s Unseen University, who are reknowned for many things—sagacity, magic, and their love of teatime—as they attempt to conquer athletics.

Point Books As Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)

Original Title: Unseen Academicals
ISBN: 0061161705 (ISBN13: 9780061161704)
Edition Language: English
Series: Discworld #37, Discworld - Rincewind #8
Characters: Rincewind, Havelock Vetinari, The Librarian, Mustrum Ridcully, Ponder Stibbons, Trevor Likely, Juliet Stollop, Glenda Sugarbean, Mr. Nutt
Literary Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (2010), Tähtifantasia Award (2015)

Rating Regarding Books Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)
Ratings: 3.99 From 44424 Users | 1930 Reviews

Evaluate Regarding Books Unseen Academicals (Discworld #37)
Football (soccer to Americans like myself) is all the rage in Ankh-Morpork and Vetinari, the Patrician, has given Unseen University the duty of refining it from a street game to an organized event. Only some people don't want it organized. Can the Unseen Academicals, with Trevor Likely and the mysterious Mister Nutt, overcome football's rowdiest hooligans?The thing about Terry Pratchett is that while his stories take place in a fantasy world, they are about real world events and concepts. This

Football has come to Ankh-Morpork. Strange that, in the scale of Ankh-Morporkian evolution, football arrives after the genesis of iconographs and moving pictures but there you have it. That is one of the joys of evolution is it not? The element of surprise? Surprisingly the arrival of football also coincides with the arrival of high fashion, fashion models (maybe not that surprising given the association between fashion and football a la posh n becks), the rediscovery of the Orc (like the

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate sports.I know this may come as a surprise, since I studiously avoid all but the most cursory acknowledgment of current sporting events. I finish the paper when I hit the sports section, and the sport report on the news is, for me, time to wash the dishes. I have no favorite teams of any kind, no players I look up to, and no interest in following play-offs, bowl games, championships or derbys. Hell, even with the Olympics my interest plummets after the

I've never been a sports fan, unless I were actually doing the sport in question, but I found a discworld adaptation of a sport completely apropo and more than a little snide. Fortunately for those of us who don't care too much about sports in-general, the reoccurring characters more than make up for the intrusion. I will always enjoy these series of books because they're gentle and wise and so wise-cracking and quite un-genteel.I think, for lack of a large cast of favorite Orcish characters in

This book was semi-entertaining, but it definitely wont be one of my favorites from Discworld. I also think I was a little misled by the Discworld chart Ive been referencing. The chart lists this as part of the Rincewind series, but he hardly appears in the book at all and has very little to do with the story. Hes a fun character; I was looking forward to one last book about him.Our main characters are four non-wizards who work on the staff at Unseen University. The other wizards who often

The Wizards of unseen University must play a game of football (the round ball variety) to meet some historical statute required to keep them housed and fed to the standard they have come to expect. This requires taking the current form of the game played in the the streets by thugs and transforming it into a more civilized form watched in a stadium with rules and a referee. Although anything involving the wizards is likely to have it's own form of chaos.Perhaps because I am not a big fan of

Very fun to read, but it ended quite quickly, without the usual bang. I didn't like all of the new characters. The continuation of the story would be very interesting. All in all, it's a good Discworld book.And something I've been thinking while reading the book, but not really provoked by it:It seems more and more civil concepts from our world are starting their own life in Ankh Morpork. The more the Discworld gets populated by newspaper agencies, mobile communications, banks, post offices,