Download Free The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3) Books Full Version
The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3) 
Here is a panorama of magnificent action, peopled by, some of the bravest characters of an age. When Abraham Kent falls in love with this step-sister, he sets in motion a fate that will drive a generation westward -- until Amanda. a girl-child with the heart of a woman, seeks the new frontier that is this land's greatest opportunity -- and most awesome dread.
An excellent book, maybe the best in the series so far. I want to read more.
I read books 2-7 of this series in the last weeks of Feb 2013. While I liked the continuation of the family name through each generation, I could have done without every single important female of the Kent family being raped, sometimes repeatedly. They no sooner got power and money than they lost it, and family members ran the gamut from good to brilliant to corrupt to sleazy to fierce to insane to bloodthirsty. Lots of historical info, also, which made the story more real and interesting. But I

Added 5/11/12.I have read the first 2 volumes of the Kent Family Chronicles. This is the 3rd. I started this one on or about 6/10/12.7/29/30 - I finally finished reading this book. It was an enjoyable read even though I wasn't able to give it the time it deserved because I was busy with other things. Nevertheless, each time I returned to it I was immediately engaged in the story. Jakes knows how to tell a good story!On to Volume 4, The Furies!
another rush job on the characters.. expected more from the author many of the main characters are killed off almost instantly. let's see who dies in book 4.
Phillip Kents grandson Jared and granddaughter Amanda are the main focus points in the third installment of the Kent series, which is a lot darker and gloomier than the first two. Still looking forward to the next book to see how the story continues.
John Jakes
Paperback | Pages: 544 pages Rating: 4.06 | 5415 Users | 127 Reviews

Present Books In Pursuance Of The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3)
| Original Title: | The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, Volume 3) |
| ISBN: | 0451212495 (ISBN13: 9780451212498) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Kent Family Chronicles #3 |
| Characters: | Abraham Kent, Jared Kent |
| Setting: | United States of America |
Relation Conducive To Books The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3)
With the end of the colonies' fight for independence begins a new and even more glorious battle to build a new nation. It is an epoch ripe with the passion that only a country in its springtime can inflame, and two young heirs to a family dynasty dare to confront without fear the barbarity of the West -- the Indian resistance, cruel townships, death...Here is a panorama of magnificent action, peopled by, some of the bravest characters of an age. When Abraham Kent falls in love with this step-sister, he sets in motion a fate that will drive a generation westward -- until Amanda. a girl-child with the heart of a woman, seeks the new frontier that is this land's greatest opportunity -- and most awesome dread.
Declare Out Of Books The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3)
| Title | : | The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3) |
| Author | : | John Jakes |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 544 pages |
| Published | : | July 6th 2004 by Signet (first published 1975) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction |
Rating Out Of Books The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3)
Ratings: 4.06 From 5415 Users | 127 ReviewsColumn Out Of Books The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles #3)
I'm a big John Jakes fans and this was the most disappointing read of any of his books. Too much rape, and I had too little sympathy for the characters involved. I'm not sure if Jakes took on too much in the 1970s trying to compete this series during the bicentennial, this felt rushed, and even the historic figures seemed to just show up for no good reason other than to name drop instead of the lead characters being at the right place in time. I hope this isn't how the rest of the series goes.An excellent book, maybe the best in the series so far. I want to read more.
I read books 2-7 of this series in the last weeks of Feb 2013. While I liked the continuation of the family name through each generation, I could have done without every single important female of the Kent family being raped, sometimes repeatedly. They no sooner got power and money than they lost it, and family members ran the gamut from good to brilliant to corrupt to sleazy to fierce to insane to bloodthirsty. Lots of historical info, also, which made the story more real and interesting. But I

Added 5/11/12.I have read the first 2 volumes of the Kent Family Chronicles. This is the 3rd. I started this one on or about 6/10/12.7/29/30 - I finally finished reading this book. It was an enjoyable read even though I wasn't able to give it the time it deserved because I was busy with other things. Nevertheless, each time I returned to it I was immediately engaged in the story. Jakes knows how to tell a good story!On to Volume 4, The Furies!
another rush job on the characters.. expected more from the author many of the main characters are killed off almost instantly. let's see who dies in book 4.
Phillip Kents grandson Jared and granddaughter Amanda are the main focus points in the third installment of the Kent series, which is a lot darker and gloomier than the first two. Still looking forward to the next book to see how the story continues.

0 Comments