Free Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)Books Online Download
Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5) 
In the award-winning Sidetracked, Kurt Wallander is called to a nearby rapeseed field where a teenage girl has been loitering all day long. He arrives just in time to watch her douse herself in gasoline and set herself aflame. The next day he is called to a beach where Sweden’s former Minister of Justice has been axed to death and scalped. The murder has the obvious markings of a demented serial killer, and Wallander is frantic to find him before he strikes again. But his investigation is beset with a handful of obstacles—a department distracted by the threat of impending cutbacks and the frivolity of World Cup soccer, a tenuous long-distance relationship with a murdered policeman’s widow, and the unshakably haunting preoccupation with the young girl who set herself on fire. Fascinating and astute, Sidetracked is a compelling mystery enhanced by keen social awareness.
Suspenseful psychological thriller. The killer is someone to sympathize with, but his deranged recipe for trying to achieve an admirable goal is indeed insane. Still it would have been great if it worked, especially since his victims are hardly people eligible for any nobel-human-being prize. In the second half his choice of victims starts to stray a little off, which jacks up the suspense. I could have done without the side love story, but I guess the author needs that to keep some strands
This was my first Mankell novel. It will definitely not be my last. I enjoyed this book.A beautiful young girl commits suicide directly in front of Wallander.Someone is killing men with an axe, and scalping them.Wallander is a fascinating character who has moments of depression, makes mistakes, and he has hunches that dont pan out. He spends more time thinking things over and discussing them with his team than other mystery novel protagonist. He is compassionate and tries to be kind to people.

As the fifth entry in this series opens, Swedish police detective Kurt Wallander is looking forward to his upcoming vacation, but then he answers a call to a farmer's field where a young girl has been standing all day in what appears to be a catatonic state. Just as Wallander arrives, the girl douses herself in gasoline and burns herself to death. Wallander is naturally horrified and cannot imagine why the girl would have chosen to end her life, especially in such a painful manner. His task now
This was the very first Wallander book I ever read. While it started out rather gripping (any time a person lights themselves on fire in the middle of an open field, you have my attention) but I felt that it got a tiny bit slow, just as all the Wallander books do. I mean, most of them are pretty straight forward police procedurals. To be quite honest, the only reason that I keep coming back to Henning Mankell's stories is because I like Kurt Wallander so much. The stories themselves don't seem
I've been reading Henning Mankell's Wallander series since I picked up The Return of the Dancing Master at an airport. I like the dry, serious, battle-scarred detective who is bewildered by an increasingly unfamiliar Sweden where bad things, really bad things, can happen. His uneasy personal relationships provide an interesting dimension to his personality. I particularly like the portrayal of his feelings about his father and his daughter - one turning back into a child, and the other growing
Very good plot with excellent sleuth of Wallander
Henning Mankell
Paperback | Pages: 432 pages Rating: 4.07 | 18868 Users | 801 Reviews

Describe Books In Favor Of Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)
| Original Title: | Villospår |
| ISBN: | 1400031567 (ISBN13: 9781400031566) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Kurt Wallander #5, Wallander #6 |
| Characters: | Kurt Wallander |
| Setting: | Sweden |
| Literary Awards: | Glass Key Award Nominee (1996), The Macallan Gold Dagger for Fiction (2001), Svenska Deckarakademins pris för bästa svenska kriminalroman (1995) |
Interpretation Supposing Books Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)
Fourth in the Kurt Wallander series.In the award-winning Sidetracked, Kurt Wallander is called to a nearby rapeseed field where a teenage girl has been loitering all day long. He arrives just in time to watch her douse herself in gasoline and set herself aflame. The next day he is called to a beach where Sweden’s former Minister of Justice has been axed to death and scalped. The murder has the obvious markings of a demented serial killer, and Wallander is frantic to find him before he strikes again. But his investigation is beset with a handful of obstacles—a department distracted by the threat of impending cutbacks and the frivolity of World Cup soccer, a tenuous long-distance relationship with a murdered policeman’s widow, and the unshakably haunting preoccupation with the young girl who set herself on fire. Fascinating and astute, Sidetracked is a compelling mystery enhanced by keen social awareness.
Details Regarding Books Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)
| Title | : | Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5) |
| Author | : | Henning Mankell |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 432 pages |
| Published | : | May 13th 2003 by Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (first published 1995) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Crime. Fiction. Thriller. Cultural. Sweden |
Rating Regarding Books Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)
Ratings: 4.07 From 18868 Users | 801 ReviewsCommentary Regarding Books Sidetracked (Kurt Wallander #5)
I started out praising this series because it was gentle, like Agatha Christie. But it didn't last. Kurt Wallander ran into his first serial killer, and boy was he crazy. In this book, I couldn't help but notice that many Swedish men pee outdoors. You need to make an appointment to do your laundry in an apartment building. And did you know that Swedes eat pea soup on Thursdays? Ah well. Sweden is disintegrating despite their best effort to build a kinder and gentler nation --a perfect nation asSuspenseful psychological thriller. The killer is someone to sympathize with, but his deranged recipe for trying to achieve an admirable goal is indeed insane. Still it would have been great if it worked, especially since his victims are hardly people eligible for any nobel-human-being prize. In the second half his choice of victims starts to stray a little off, which jacks up the suspense. I could have done without the side love story, but I guess the author needs that to keep some strands
This was my first Mankell novel. It will definitely not be my last. I enjoyed this book.A beautiful young girl commits suicide directly in front of Wallander.Someone is killing men with an axe, and scalping them.Wallander is a fascinating character who has moments of depression, makes mistakes, and he has hunches that dont pan out. He spends more time thinking things over and discussing them with his team than other mystery novel protagonist. He is compassionate and tries to be kind to people.

As the fifth entry in this series opens, Swedish police detective Kurt Wallander is looking forward to his upcoming vacation, but then he answers a call to a farmer's field where a young girl has been standing all day in what appears to be a catatonic state. Just as Wallander arrives, the girl douses herself in gasoline and burns herself to death. Wallander is naturally horrified and cannot imagine why the girl would have chosen to end her life, especially in such a painful manner. His task now
This was the very first Wallander book I ever read. While it started out rather gripping (any time a person lights themselves on fire in the middle of an open field, you have my attention) but I felt that it got a tiny bit slow, just as all the Wallander books do. I mean, most of them are pretty straight forward police procedurals. To be quite honest, the only reason that I keep coming back to Henning Mankell's stories is because I like Kurt Wallander so much. The stories themselves don't seem
I've been reading Henning Mankell's Wallander series since I picked up The Return of the Dancing Master at an airport. I like the dry, serious, battle-scarred detective who is bewildered by an increasingly unfamiliar Sweden where bad things, really bad things, can happen. His uneasy personal relationships provide an interesting dimension to his personality. I particularly like the portrayal of his feelings about his father and his daughter - one turning back into a child, and the other growing
Very good plot with excellent sleuth of Wallander

0 Comments