Download Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4) Books Online Free
Itemize Containing Books Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4)
| Title | : | Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4) |
| Author | : | Jim Butcher |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 70 pages |
| Published | : | October 1st 2008 by Subterranean Press |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Fiction. Paranormal. Vampires. Mystery |
Jim Butcher
Hardcover | Pages: 70 pages Rating: 4.13 | 9134 Users | 444 Reviews
Representaion Supposing Books Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4)
Let's get something clear right up front. I'm not Harry Dresden. Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf on crack and an IV of Red Bull, with a big leather coat and a .44 revolver in his pocket. He'll spit in the eye of gods and demons alike if he thinks it needs to be done, and to hell with the consequences--and yet somehow my little brother manages to remain a decent human being. I'll be damned if I know how. But then, I'll be damned regardless. My name is Thomas Raith, and I'm a monster. So begins "Backup" a twelve thousand word novelette set in Jim Butcher's ultra-popular Dresden Files series. This time Harry's in trouble he knows nothing about, and it's up to his big brother Thomas to track him down and solve those little life-threatening difficulties without his little brother even noticing.Also in Side Jobs.

Particularize Books Conducive To Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4)
| Original Title: | Backup (The Dresden Files) |
| ISBN: | 1596061820 (ISBN13: 9781596061828) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.jim-butcher.com/ |
| Series: | The Dresden Files #10.4 |
| Characters: | Thomas Raith, Bob (Dresden Files), Harry Dresden |
| Setting: | Chicago, Illinois(United States) |
Rating Containing Books Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4)
Ratings: 4.13 From 9134 Users | 444 ReviewsPiece Containing Books Backup (The Dresden Files #10.4)
Harry Dresden's half brother Thomas Raith has to help Harry on his latest case without him knowing or a demon will be loosed on the world. Good stuff but really short and awfully pricey.Reading this as a stand-alone book reminds me of everything I like about The Dresden Files - the attention to detail where the author had to learn something, the maintenance of a somewhat involved continuity, the humour, the suspense, and the deeply moral core."Dumb" reading for smart people ... because it only seems dumb.
A shift in POV from Harry to Thomas takes us on a short journey into Thomas' world and an ancient evil that threatens to be woken up. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but rather,it just wasn't my Dresden cup of tea. I've been spoiled with Harry's POV for more than ten books now and to be honest, I'm not sure I want another :)I appreciate what the idea was here, and I appreciate a glimpse into the Sisters and the Oblivion War, but I most appreciate the original storyline.

Having read the first Dresden book - Storm Front - and having seen the TV show for it's brief run, I am familiar with the setting/characters in the "Dresdenverse", as someone so aptly called it.The best I can say about this little novella is that if you are a fan of the series, you'll enjoy it for the different angle on an event you're already familiar with. If you're collecting the series, it *might* even be worth the exorbitant cover price to own it.For everyone else - borrow it from the
Basic Plot: Thomas deals with a threat to Harry that Harry doesn't, and can't, know about.Too short. Just too damn short. I liked the story itself. I thought that the plot was interesting and gave Thomas's character more depth. However, there was enough meat there that this felt like the seed for a full-length novel and Butcher was afraid to break free and give Thomas a thorough chance, rather than a deliberately planned novella. The tone was different enough for the reader to know it wasn't
This 12,000 word, 70 page novelette is an incredibly quick read, but if you're as hopelessly addicted to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series as I am, you'll love this book.Unlike the other Dresden novels, Harry barely appears at all in this story, having a scant sentence or two of dialog through the entire thing. The action centers around Thomas, Harry's brother, and a vampire of the white court.This is exactly the kind of non stop no holds barred fantasy romp filled with magic and things that
Anyone who loves Harry Dresden has to read this. It's not about Harry, it's all about his brother Thomas, but Butcher has set up a brilliant Gaiman-esque premise here. What happens to the old gods if they are not remembered? What if there was a war to make people forget, thus render powerless, the bad guys? And who wouldn't love a pseudo-gay vampiric hairdresser anyway?

0 Comments