Itemize Books Conducive To Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire

Original Title: Introduction to Tantra : The Transformation of Desire
ISBN: 0861711629 (ISBN13: 9780861711628)
Edition Language: English
Download Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire  Books Online
Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire Paperback | Pages: 192 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 658 Users | 39 Reviews

Define Regarding Books Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire

Title:Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire
Author:Thubten Yeshe
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 192 pages
Published:June 15th 2001 by Wisdom Publications (first published November 25th 1987)
Categories:Religion. Buddhism. Spirituality. Nonfiction

Interpretation In Favor Of Books Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire

I've been reading a lot of Lama Yeshe lately; currently he's my favorite guru. He is funny, straightforward, humble, and full of joy. He makes renouncing worldly desire sound like it is the most delicious, erotic, hilarious party ever. I wish I could pull that off. Of his books, this is the most accessible and famous. I'm also reading several of his more obscure books, which I'm getting a lot out of but I would be hesitant to recommend them to anyone else I know, unless they were as obsessed with combining tantra, humanism, mysticism, and social justice as I am -- oh, and if you meet someone like that, be sure to give them my phone number.


Rating Regarding Books Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire
Ratings: 4.1 From 658 Users | 39 Reviews

Column Regarding Books Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire
Excellent description of Tibetan Buddhist Tantra; the transformation of desire and pleasures into transcendental experiences of deep penetrative awareness; this is absolutely amazing!There is a wonderful universality of Tantra that goes far beyond the specific traditions of Tibetan Buddhism, this book occasionally loses itself in these traditions especially when describing the role of a lama/guru/teacher and the divisive view of "western" people contrasted with Tibetan; an over-simplification

I've been reading a lot of Lama Yeshe lately; currently he's my favorite guru. He is funny, straightforward, humble, and full of joy. He makes renouncing worldly desire sound like it is the most delicious, erotic, hilarious party ever. I wish I could pull that off. Of his books, this is the most accessible and famous. I'm also reading several of his more obscure books, which I'm getting a lot out of but I would be hesitant to recommend them to anyone else I know, unless they were as obsessed

I can't say as I was blown away by this book. However, it is a fast read and puts into very clear language the basic concepts of Tantric Buddhism. The concepts are pretty universal in my opinion and could be just as useful to someone pursuing an Abrahamic or Pagan path as an Eastern one (hell, even a psychedelic path). It helps a lot to get your head straight about motivation, accumulating a store of positive energy, and letting go, etc and even applying these concepts to our inevitable deaths.

Spiritually illuminating book. Easy to read and understand. Some parts felt repetitive but overall very good.

This book is written in an engaging style which is meant to approximate the voice of influential Lama Yeshe, who died in the late 1980s and was reincarnated to parents in Spain. The text explains how someone can use tantric (Tibetan) buddhism to reach enlightenment efficiently, which theoretically will allow you to, like Lama Yeshe, control the process of dying and rebirth so that you can help others and create a more compassionate world. It includes detailed descriptions of meditations and

a beginners introduction. not bad

I found this to be too much like a textbook. The information in it was contradictory, and overall although there were a few tidbits of vital information and a few bits of interesting and what could be useful information...ultimately I am left searching for another source (or several) on this topic.Would not recommend unless you have to read it for a class or something.