Declare Books Toward A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)

Original Title: A Girl Named Zippy
ISBN: 0767915054 (ISBN13: 9780767915052)
Edition Language: English
Series: Zippy #1
Setting: United States of America
Free Download Books A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)
A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1) Paperback | Pages: 283 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 33644 Users | 3810 Reviews

Particularize Appertaining To Books A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)

Title:A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)
Author:Haven Kimmel
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 283 pages
Published:September 3rd 2002 by Broadway Books (first published March 20th 2001)
Categories:Autobiography. Memoir. Nonfiction. Humor. Biography

Commentary In Pursuance Of Books A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)

When Haven Kimmel was born in 1965, Mooreland, Indiana, was a sleepy little hamlet of three hundred people. Nicknamed "Zippy" for the way she would bolt around the house, this small girl was possessed of big eyes and even bigger ears. In this witty and lovingly told memoir, Kimmel takes readers back to a time when small-town America was caught in the amber of the innocent postwar period–people helped their neighbors, went to church on Sunday, and kept barnyard animals in their backyards.

Laced with fine storytelling, sharp wit, dead-on observations, and moments of sheer joy, Haven Kimmel's straight-shooting portrait of her childhood gives us a heroine who is wonderfully sweet and sly as she navigates the quirky adult world that surrounds Zippy.

Rating Appertaining To Books A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)
Ratings: 3.8 From 33644 Users | 3810 Reviews

Judgment Appertaining To Books A Girl Named Zippy (Zippy #1)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I've never read a memoir that made me laugh so much. Interesting view of what it is like to grow up in a small town.What an odd and quirky family. Zippy is intelligent but let's say, a different, little girl -- who obviously grows up just fine despite her childhood escapades.My only disappointment was in the ending but I guess I wanted it to end more like a fictional tale.Who can resist a book with this cover?



The first 1/4th of this book was laugh out loud funny. The rest was sort of scattered and a bit boring. I really liked Haven though--her personality really comes through and it's hilarious.

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/ I should probably leave well enough alone and not post any sort of review regarding little Zippy, but Im not gonna. Ive been seeing this title pop up on various lists and whatnot for YEARS now and always managed to avoid it due to the eternal question I ask myself whenever I see a memoir written by a non-famous person: WTF was so special about you that you think everyone else wants to read about it??? But then the dang thing came

This is an absolutely hysterical down-home kind of memoir of Haven Kimmels growing up years in Mooreland, Indiana. Shes goofy and strange, and full of spunk and energy. Listen to the audiobook, which is read by the author, as she really brings her own experiences to life. Shes got a childlike innocence still that resonates in this work. The scene where her dad borrows all of the hunting dogs to get back at a cranky neighbor is truly one of the most amusing things I have ever heard. This is not

I did not like this book so much I threw it away rather than swap or donate. During Zippy's childhood in rural America almost every chapter/event involves animals getting killed and I'm a real animal lover. I just don't think it's funny because it came across that the value placed on these animals lives is minimal. They died in fires, from neglect, etc. so there was nothing completely intentional but I could not appreciate this story.

A Girl Named Zippy is a great book, not necessarily unique in its trip down memory lane but still a vibrant and sometimes humorous look at 1960's America from the eyes of a child who lived it.