Point Out Of Books A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)

Title:A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)
Author:Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Book Format:Kindle Edition
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 604 pages
Published:March 15th 2016 by Rooglewood Press (first published March 2016)
Categories:Fantasy. Retellings. Fairy Tales. Young Adult. Fairy Tale Retellings
Books A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1) Free Download
A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1) Kindle Edition | Pages: 604 pages
Rating: 4.22 | 273 Users | 66 Reviews

Chronicle In Pursuance Of Books A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)

For six hundred years I have dwelt in this prison. Trapped. Helpless. Unliving and undying.

For six hundred years I have watched as cursebreakers come and go. Brave young women all, gifted with powers beyond mortal understanding.

I have watched them die. I have watched them wish to die.

Once again the Family of Night invades this country to claim its dues, and this generation’s
cursebreaker has her chance to break the endless chain of torment. To save me. To save her sisters.

But how can a peasant child scarcely fourteen years of age discover the three-part key and
liberate the captives? Will she too be doomed to join the Death Dance binding us all to the
Family of Night?


Specify Books Concering A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)

Edition Language: English
Series: The Family of Night #1


Rating Out Of Books A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)
Ratings: 4.22 From 273 Users | 66 Reviews

Write Up Out Of Books A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold (The Family of Night #1)
This is a beautifully written fairy tale retelling, and one that I will not easily forget. I am always looking for a fairy tale that can surprise me (in good ways) and this one did so, not perhaps in its plot or resolution, but in its depth and details. I won't rehash the plot here, but I will caution the reader who prefers their fairy tales light and fluffy -- there is a great deal of darkness in this story. This will not surprise anyone who has read the original, as the Twelve Dancing

Ahhhhhh!!! I need this! I hope it will be available in paper back too.

4.5 stars When it comes to pleasure reading, Anne Elisabeth Stengl is a favorite. I'm not normally a huge fantasy reader (although over the past couple of years I find that I'm definitely being converted into one) but her Tales of Goldstone Wood novels were, aside from C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien's works, a major hook getting me into the genre. Heartless was the first modern fantasy that I actually enjoyed.Her books are so deliciously thick, with layers of meaning to ponder and contemplate.

Have you ever read a book that was so utterly satisfying that when you finished it you closed it, sighed happily and hugged the book? That was this book for me. (I'm not even joking, I seriously did hug this book.)This review will not contain much detail about the actual story because I am afraid to spoil people, and being able to go into this story completely blind, not having anything but the vaguest idea of the general plot premise was part of the magic of it for me. I was able to let it

First of all, I'm very sad that the other books in the series are not yet released. While this isn't a cliff-hanger per se, it left me wanting to know what happens next.This was certainly a wild ride. I loved every minute of the book. The witty banter, the graphic descriptions, the sassiness of Heloise and the silliness of Benedict.I knew Dr. Dupont was bad news!The twists and turns throughout will keep you guessing about who's on whose side.Seriously an amazing book! Don't miss it!!

4.5 stars

I'm a bit questionable about this book...in some ways I really enjoyed it, but then there was a lot that turned me off.I especially didn't like how things turned out with Ben.I don't know...I think the only way I can explain it is that I finished the book but didn't feel complete or that something was lacking.Maybe there will be another book to see what happens next.