Be Specific About Books To The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Original Title: The Secret of Pembrooke Park
ISBN: 0764210718 (ISBN13: 9780764210716)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Minnesota Book Award for Genre Fiction (2015), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Romance (2015)
Books The Secret of Pembrooke Park  Free Download Online
The Secret of Pembrooke Park Paperback | Pages: 460 pages
Rating: 4.02 | 9390 Users | 1225 Reviews

Mention Containing Books The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Title:The Secret of Pembrooke Park
Author:Julie Klassen
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 460 pages
Published:December 2nd 2014 by Bethany House Publishers (first published November 25th 2014)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Mystery. Christian Fiction. Regency. Historical Romance

Ilustration Concering Books The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Abigail Foster fears she will end up a spinster, especially as she has little dowry to improve her charms and the one man she thought might marry her--a longtime friend--has fallen for her younger, prettier sister.
When financial problems force her family to sell their London home, a strange solicitor arrives with an astounding offer: the use of a distant manor house abandoned for eighteen years. The Fosters journey to imposing Pembrooke Park and are startled to find it entombed as it was abruptly left: tea cups encrusted with dry tea, moth-eaten clothes in wardrobes, a doll's house left mid-play . . .

The handsome local curate welcomes them, but though he and his family seem to know something about the manor's past, the only information they offer Abigail is a warning: Beware trespassers who may be drawn by rumors that Pembrooke contains a secret room filled with treasure.

Hoping to improve her family's financial situation, Abigail surreptitiously searches for the hidden room, but the arrival of anonymous letters addressed to her, with clues about the room and the past, bring discoveries even more startling. As secrets come to light, will Abigail find the treasure and love she seeks...or very real danger?

Rating Containing Books The Secret of Pembrooke Park
Ratings: 4.02 From 9390 Users | 1225 Reviews

Piece Containing Books The Secret of Pembrooke Park
Dear Ms. Klassen,my family has suffered because of you. Dinners of under-cooked garlic potatoes, bedtimes with muttered "hurry-ups", daggers glared at a chatty husband, and a jumpy wife and mother every time a strange creak, howl, moan, or crash breaks the silence of our otherwise un-haunted house.When I read The Secret of Pembrooke Park I was not expecting it to disrupt my world. I first read Jane Eyre when I was thirteen and I had the time to curl up in a chair and read it from cover to cover.

After her one chance with a childhood friend who she thought to marry, her would be suitor turns his eye to her younger sister and Abigail Foster is afraid she will remain a unmarried woman. When the family's fiances turn upside down, she prays for a miracle, which comes in the form of a letter granting her and her family access to the Pembrooke castle. Abigail's family are distant relatives of the Pembrooke family and when Abigail arrives, she realises there is a lot of work to be done in order

Full review to come!!

Phenomenal! The latest novel by Julie Klassen is not one to miss!! This lengthy release (465 print pages) is well worth the time and truly I savored the entire story.Heroine Abigail is one easy to relate to and admire. There is both mystery and romance in this novel set in 1800 England.After the just ok release of The Dancing Master, I was pleasantly surprised by The Secret of Pembrooke Park. It is not one to miss for lovers of Regency novels.

3.5 stars: A lovely historical fiction with a well-crafted mystery and characters easy to root for. I loved most of the characters and traveling with them in and around Pembrooke Park (the house sounds beautiful)... the history of the place was tragic in parts and fascinating. Abigail and Leah were my favorites, I could see myself being friends with them if I had met them... like Abigail, I would have intrigued and tempted to look for the treasure as well. Who doesn't love a good hidden treasure

This was a well-written Regency romance novel full of a Gothic flavor that most of Julie Klassen's novels have. The characters, even the villain of the story, were fully portrayed and interesting. I truly enjoyed this enthralling novel and seeing the events unfold into a satisfying conclusion of the mysteries surrounding Pembrooke Park. As a book that was hard to even put down until I had finished it in the wee hours of the morning, it has earned its place on my favorites list.

I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked the setting, the nods to Jane Austen, and the mystery in general. The plot was very well done; I was very invested in unraveling it, and had no suspicions or theories as to true motives of any of the characters.However, a lot of William's and Abigail's actions didn't sit well with me. I'm not an authority on 19th century propriety by any means, unless a solid love of Jane Austen's work and a tendency to immerse myself in regency period novels makes