Be Specific About Books Supposing Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)

Original Title: Sanctuary
Edition Language: English
Series: Thieves' World #1-3
Download Books For Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3) Free
Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3) Hardcover | Pages: 600 pages
Rating: 4.14 | 580 Users | 10 Reviews

Itemize About Books Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)

Title:Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)
Author:Robert Lynn Asprin
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Book Club Omnibus
Pages:Pages: 600 pages
Published:July 1982 by Nelson Doubleday / SFBC (first published 1960)
Categories:Fantasy. Anthologies. Short Stories. Fiction

Chronicle Conducive To Books Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)

The "Thieves' World" fantasy anthologies were some of my favorites when I was growing up, both the actual anthologies and the spin-off publications set in the same world. They are very hard to find now - I'm guessing that part of the problem is that the rights to the work are complicated, especially now as some of the authors are passing away. The series was first dreamt up in 1978, first volume published in 1979 - just a little too late to make Gygax's Appendix N, but I've always thought these books would have been on the list had they been just a little earlier. Anyway, this particular edition collects the first 3 anthologies. The quality is necessarily quite varied, from author to author and story to story, but overall, I love the stories - some of the best "grimdark" sword & sorcery short fiction (predating the use of the term "grimdark" of course). Highly recommended. I'm in the process of re-reading, as I now have a more complete collection (February 2019, I found volumes 2-12 in a used bookstore in Montreal, for $1 - Canadian - each! Score!). So I'm re-reading the ones I know to prepare for the ones I never got to read before!

Rating About Books Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)
Ratings: 4.14 From 580 Users | 10 Reviews

Notice About Books Sanctuary (Thieves' World #1-3)
see book 1

Excellent find at a going out of business Book store giveaway. Multiple authors, one theme, nicely done.

Three books in one - - three anthologiesTake some on the best authors in the science fiction and fantasy fields in the late 1970's and early 1980's- give them the basic outlines of a new world in which magic does work - give them some basic common characters - and let their imaginations run wild - -you have Thieves' World - the seedist town in the Rankan EmpireI had read this 30 years ago - and just re-read it this month -Great - still holds up after 30 years -

While the concept is interesting - a fantasy authors colony inhabited by a writers who's who in a franchised city with its Gods, culture and main characters - it falls flat in execution to the jarring cacophony of the many voices of its concept. Here we have purple prose writers who enjoy describing the falling rain droplets alongside writers who write with the snicker snack of a knife fight. And the stories themselves meander within the confines of a franchise, draining all the drama because

Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phules Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves WorldThe "Thieves' World" fantasy anthologies were some of my favorites when I was growing up, both the actual anthologies and the spin-off publications set in the same world. They are very hard to find now - I'm guessing that part of the problem is that the rights to the work are complicated, especially now as some of the authors are passing away. The series was first dreamt up in 1978, first volume published in 1979 - just a little too late to make Gygax's Appendix N, but I've always thought these

I read this collection of stories many (many) years ago, and it remains a favorite of mine. Every story was a page turner, with memorable characters and an ever present darkness to the tales...

The "Thieves' World" fantasy anthologies were some of my favorites when I was growing up, both the actual anthologies and the spin-off publications set in the same world. They are very hard to find now - I'm guessing that part of the problem is that the rights to the work are complicated, especially now as some of the authors are passing away. The series was first dreamt up in 1978, first volume published in 1979 - just a little too late to make Gygax's Appendix N, but I've always thought these